FAQ: Rounds Coordinators




Q. Is commercial support the same thing as an exhibit?

A. No. Commercial support is funding given in the form of an educational grant to pay for all or part of the costs of a CME activity and can only be used to cover costs associated with that particular activity. Companies have the right to request a return of any unused portion of the funds. An exhibit is for the purpose of marketing, to display and promote their products.

Q. What documentation needs to be turned in to CME?

A. Fully executed signed letters of agreement for all educational grants and exhibit fees. Dated prior to the actual date of the activity.

Q. What funds need to be sent to the CME department?

A. Any funds that come in the form of an “educational grant”, regardless of being a CME activity or not, must be received and deposited by the CME department. Access will be allowed to the funds to one of your departmental accounting staff members to process expenses from the account. All documents will route through CME for approval.

Q. Does CME need to sign the Display/Exhibit Agreement?

A. No, that can be done within your department. However, please send a copy of that agreement to us with the corresponding monthly sign-in sheet.

Q. Can industry representatives pay directly for meals or other expenses of a CME activity?

A. No. All funding for a CME activity must be given in the form of an educational grant or exhibit fee to Washington University.

Q. Can industry representatives supply equipment for a CME event?

A. Yes. If medical equipment is needed to demonstrate a procedure, industry may supply the equipment. The company should be listed as providing an “in kind” donation. An “in kind” letter of agreement should be signed by the company & Washington University prior to the activity date and a copy sent to the CME department .It is encourage to use equipment from multiple companies when possible to decrease the appearance of bias.

Q. What if a conference does not receive any outside support?

A. If there is no industry financial contribution to the activity, indicate that on your application or renewal form. Also, on each RSS planning form, check mark those questions “no”.


Powered By AI 4.5